An espresso machine is a worthwhile investment for any diligent coffee fan. Most people are unaware that the coffee shops do not dedicate much of their time for maintaining the embellishments of their shops such as the espresso machine or the coffee grinder. The fact is that cleaning the machine is just a few minutes job and if you do it with accuracy, it can certainly pay you off as it will please the consumers besides improving the service life of your machine. Here are some steps which can be very beneficial for you to clean your espresso machines.
How to Start the Cleaning Process of Espresso Machines?
While starting the cleaning process, begin by taking a clean lint-free cloth. Rinse it with hot water and reuse it to wipe off the steam wands.
- The main purpose of cleaning is to remove all the stains as well as the stickiness from the wands.
- However, be careful to not use sharp tool for clashing off anything as it can result in some ugly looking scratches.
- Moreover, keep the steam wand clean by wiping it with a damp cloth immediately after every use. It will prevent milk from burning and sticking to the outside of it. If the wand is noticed being threaded, then you can easily unscrew it and follow it up by generous systematic and deep wash
- To clean the inside of the tip you can use a thin wire. Now, you must fill a small bucket with hot water up to 3 inches.
- Now lock the group handle and use the manual override button for flushing all the water which is left over inside this group head.
- Due to this, the cleaner will initiate backwashing right into the machine and as a result, it will also get de-scaled.
- Keep in mind that water should not be turned on. Doing so can burn out the solenoid of the machine. Instead of this, just hold the override button for 3-5 seconds, and then turn it off.
- Repeat this for around 8-10 times. Then turn the espresso machine off in order to open up the steam wands. This needs to be done to remove all the steam as well as to fully de-pressurize it. Then, you need to open for a time of around 8 to 10 hours.
Going through Showerheads
Inside the group head, shower heads which are clearly visible when you look into the group head. Now you can see a small screw which will be holding the shower screen along with a brass plate. You must unscrew the plate as well as the screen which is fairly easy to do.
- Scrub both the plate as well as the screen using the scouring pad and then add them to the bucket which you had prepared earlier.
- The gratings that are linked to the drip tray must be pulled out for the purpose of draining them.
- Afterward, clean the drip tray along with the gratings. Let them dry overnight after they are thoroughly cleaned.
- Make sure that you do not put them back into the machine before they are completely dry.
- Do not arrange them back without drying them completely. It can be unsafe effects on the machine’s functionality and hence you need to take extra care so as to ensure that the parts are completely dry.
- After you have placed each and every part back together into the machine, you can use some paper towels in order to buff the machine itself.
- Now you can see that your machine is shining as if bought a new one and also functions perfectly.
Moreover, now you know that the cleaning process doesn’t take much time. The following steps which are mentioned above will help you with a thorough clean out which will make it look and work fine. This will satiate the customers who visit your business and also extend the machines life, making sure that the investment which you have made lasts for years to come.